The rising of the utility costs is endless, which is why everybody is looking for ways to save some energy in order to keep said costs under control. Conserving energy is no longer the dry, boring topic it used to be. These days most households are looking for proper tips is energy saving in order to live an affordable, yet comfortable lifestyle.
Saving energy is good for the environment and communities alike. We offer you ten easy steps to save energy , which are affordable, quick and have excellent results.
Start using compact fluorescent bulbs. It’s true that this strange looking light bulbs cost more, but they last about ten times as long normal bulbs and use about 75% less energy.
- Limit your shower time and install low-flow showerheads. Long, hot, pampering showers not only feel luxurious, they are luxurious. Your average 4-minute shower uses about 40 gallons of water. If all members of your family and household take 15-minutes daily showers, then you can just imagine the amount of water you use weekly, and not to mention that your pay for every used drop.
- Use cold water to wash your clothes. Heating water wastes more energy than any other appliance in your home. If you wash your clothes merely with cold water and let them dry outside then you can save an enormous amount of money. And your clothes are as clean as they are when washed with hot water.
- Caulk. Plugging the leaks around doors and windows, between the foundation and the frame of the house can warm your home and save you a lot of utility bills.
- Check the insulation. It’s very common to come across inadequate insulation. Measure the depth of the insulation in the attic and check it again.
- Install a low flow toilet or place a bottle in the tank. Your usual toilet uses about 7 gallons with each flush. Special energy-saving toilets use just 1.6 gallons. If you can’t afford to replace it right now use a plastic bottle filled with water and sand and put it inside the tank. This way water will be displaced and you will save money.
- Wash your clothes and water the lawns during off-peak hours. A lot of municipalities offer you low water and/or electric rates during the off hours, mainly in the evening or early in the morning. Learn the rates and do your watering and washing when your rates are lower.
- Keep your equipment running more efficiently. Of your cooling and heating systems are poorly maintained, they will have trouble working and will use more energy.
A lot of people are surprised by how much they can save just by making simple repairs in their homes. Save money with Mel Cleaning One more way to make your home more energy sufficient thus saving money, is to make sure all appliances are properly taken care of and functioning as they should. Not to mention all the expenses you will save yourself if you don’t have to buy new carpets and furniture because they haven’t been properly maintained. Unfortunately due to the lack of personal time most of suffer from, this is not an easy task. This is where Mel Cleaning steps in. Your rugs and carpets have never looked better!You simply adore your antique and very expensive carpet, but are afraid to ruin it with careless cleaning methods? Rely on Mel Cleaning and our excellent carpet cleaning methods to save the day! Are you afraid of damaging your very expensive upholstery and furniture by using the inappropriate cleaning materials? Don’t risk it and instead call Mel Cleaning, thus saving time, finance and energy.