IVF stands for In Vitro Fertilization. It is considered as an Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). In this procedure, fertilization takes place by the extraction of the eggs and retrieval of the sperm sample. Now, the manual combination of the egg and sperm are performed in a laboratory glass dish. After that, the embryo(s) are transferred into the uterus. The two other forms of the ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) are Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT) and Zygote Intrafallopian Transfer (ZIFT).
When is the IVF Procedure used?
Generally, the IVF procedure is used in the infertility treatment. The patients may be advised to proceed with this specific treatment in the following situations:
- Patients with the blocked or damaged fallopian tubes.
- The Male factor infertility that is associated with the decreased sperm count or sperm motility.
- Women, who have experienced the premature ovarian failure, uterine fibroids, ovulation disorders etc.
- In the case of fallopian tubes removal.
- Patients, who have genetic disorders.
- Patients with the case of unexplained infertility.
If you need a consultation with an IVF doctor, then you should search for a top 10 IVF doctors in India. Many IVF specialists in India provide the best consultation and treatment based on the patient’s situation. The success rates per-cycle of the IVF success are 40% or higher. The success rates per-cycle are 20-35% in the women. The particular concept is enough to encourage a woman if her first cycle has not achieved a success. A woman should consult a doctor if she wants to take one more try after the first cycle. An IVF procedure requires four to six weeks to get completed and the eggs take a few weeks to get matured. Generally, a couple has to spend about half a day at the Doctor’s clinic or office for the retrieval and fertilization of the eggs.
The IVF procedure is associated with the following major steps:
- The sperm is collected through the masturbation as well as by small incision. Sperms are collected from a testicle. If sperm ejaculation is prevented by any blockage any problem associated with the sperm development, then a particular specialized procedure is used. After the collection, the sperm is preserved in a frozen state at the beginning time. Then, the sperm will be thawed and this procedure is performed on the same day of egg collection.
- The eggs and sperm are placed in a particular glass dish. After that, they are very carefully incubated at a specified temperature, next incubated with the atmospheric, and at last with the infection control for 48 to 120 hours duration. After the 2 to 5 days of fertilization, the best fertilized eggs are selected. One to three fertilized eggs is placed inside the uterus through the cervix part. It is performed with the help of a catheter that is a flexible thin tube. The remaining eggs may be preserved in a frozen state for the future attempts; the specific procedure is called cryopreserved.
There are various websites available that provide the information about the IVF specialist in India. You just have to search for them and take an appointment for the consultation.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.