A mesmerizing weekend getaways from Delhi, Shimla is one of the most visited hill stations of North India. Not only does the city has best of natural attractions but also an infrastructure that will remind of the british era. The city used to be the summer capital of britishers and it has been preserved really well with buildings that speaks volumes about their architectural genius. If you want to visit the city then the best way is to hire a Delhi to Shimla taxi. Here are some of the best places to visit in the scenic city of Shimla.
- Jakhoo Temple: One of The renowned spot of religion in Shimla is Jakhoo Temple. Jakhoo Temple is located on the famous jakhoo hills of Shimla. It is not really 2 kilometers from the Ridge and is a tough climb through the lovely deodar trees. The Temple is devoted to the monkey God, Hanuman. The sanctuary is situated at the Height of 2455 meter and arranged at most astounding top in Shimla.
- Kali Bari Temple: The another popular spot of love is Kalibari Temple of Shimla. This is a prevalent vacation destination and is arranged at an exceptionally key area. The sanctuary was implicit the year 1845 and is devoted to Goddess Kali who is otherwise called Shyamala. Shimla got its name From Goddess Shyamala.
- Kufri: It is a great weekend destination in Shimla locale of Himachal Pradesh state in India. It is found 13 km from the state capital Shimla . The name Kufri is gotten from the word kufr signifying “lake” in the nearby dialect. Kufri has a Himalayan untamed life zoo which has uncommon elands, cats and flying creatures including the Himalayan monal, the state fowl of Himachal Pradesh.
- Mamleshwar Temple: This temple is around 13 km far from Chindi and is accepted to have been built by the Pandava . The main god of the sanctuary is Lord Shiva, whose icon has been cut out of a stone. This altar has cut wooden columns with imaginative woodwork. It is popular for a drum that measures 6 ft long and a solitary grain of wheat which weighs around 250 grams.
- Ardhanarishwar Temple: The Temple is a consecrated sanctuary of Hindus , situated in Mandi in the state of Himachal Pradesh, the sanctuary is committed to Lord Shiva and his consort Parvati. The name “Ardhnarishwar” implies a man or a god that is half man and half lady. The right 50% of the stone picture in the sanctuary speaks to Lord Shiva and the left a large portion of his wife Parvati.
- Christ Church and St. Michael’ Cathedral: The renowned Christ church and St. Michael’s Cathedral of Shimla is a delightful structural magnum opus. The development of this congregation took a range of 11 years (1846-1857) and is thought to be the second most established church in North India. The congregation looks completely mystical amid night when lights set at key corners enlighten this wonderful church. It is outlined in the run of the mill Elizabethan style and comprises of an incredible gathering of books and antiquated sacred texts.
These are some of the top places to visit around Shimla and you should visit them by the Delhi to Shimla taxi as it gives you ample time to explore the things.